Print

From Meizu Engineer: MX2 Network Compatibility

From Meizu Engineer: MX2 Network Compatibility

http://bbs.meizu.cn/viewthread.p ... =3&authorid=2858010

对于芯片来说,MX2和MX一样是支持GSM850/900/1800/1900四频段,支持WCDMA850/900/1700(AWS)/1900/2100五频段,
但是因为使用850/1900网络的仅限于美洲地区,而目前MX2预计上市的区域(中国大陆、香港、俄罗斯)都是使用900/1800/2100的网络,所以这个是宣传的着重强调而已,魅友大可不必担心支持网络有缩水。本来想上传一张综测仪测试850网络的截图,想想没必要,欢迎有能力的魅友实际检测一下。

[ Last edited by chengdude at 2012-12-3 04:54 ]

Thanks Pan...great news and finally an answer from a Meizu engineer!  I almost gave up hope on that thread I started on the China BBS.  

The basic translation is that, like the MX, the MX2 supports quad-band GSM and penta-band WCDMA.  Barring a surprise, that means Meizu is using the same radio hardware in the MX2 as they did for the MX.  We'll see for sure when the MX2 gets its eventual teardown after the reviews start being published.

The MX2 will work in the USA and Canada and will support AWS (1700/2100).  Meizu has apparently done bench testing -at least on the 850 band- but the engineer seems confident and said let's wait for actual reviews rather than just show test results.

The engineer confirms that the main reason for listing the MX2 as GSM 900/1800 + WCDMA 2100 is that those are the frequency standards most commonly used in the PRC...at least for GSM.  The WCDMA 2100 is for 3G service on China Unicom.

[ Last edited by chengdude at 2012-12-3 05:13 ]

yes, the understanding is correct! MX2 uses the same radio hardware as that of MX, so it can be used almost everywhere in the globe. But Meizu put the emphasis only on the bands that are commenly used in its target markets. So no worries!

You are welcome, Chengdude.

I can never figure out the meaning of these terms and figures and acronyms.  What a shame.  I use my cellphone to go online only under Wifi, and I find the occasions to be very rare.  

It doesn't surprise me that MX2 would support networks in the US and Canada.  It doesn't make sense if it didn't, since its predecessor didn't have such a problem.  

Pan.

True, although it would make sense if Meizu were trying a more modular approach and planning different editions of the MX2 for different markets.  I know there's still a lot of hope on the China forums for a CDMA version to run on China Telecom, which would also be good for the USA on Sprint.  Not sure how popular China Mobile's TD-SCDMA is among Meizu fans.

Still, perfectly fine to have a "one size fits all" MX2.  

Word on the grapevine is that the signal receptions of Wifi and telephone calls are much better with the new model.  That, considering the fact that it's MX's persistent flaw, should give the fans a reason to celebrate.    For me personally, my MX works just fine.  No missed calls so far.  

Pan.

Hope that's true! I hate when I cover the left side of my MX the WiFi signal strength decreases immediately.
http://www.meizume.com + http://www.facebook.com/meizume = Everything about Meizu in English!